Thursday 8 March 2012

Gift Box- Gold & Red


I started with a wooden box and glazed it with some metal foil (gold) and thought of some bright red flowers to finish the look. One can use this box for practically anything; gifting chocolates, sweets, or for that matter precious memories. My favorite is as a jewellery box.

I wanted to personalize it slightly to fit an engagement gift for a dear one. Thus the Mr & Mrs. on the lid.
The leaves are spray painted with gold for a somewhat monochrome effect.

Mr. & Mrs.


                                               
The wooden box is about 5 inches in diameter and approx. 3 inches in height. I hope my dear one likes it when I gift it to her and will remember me fondly :)
PS: You can see there are patches of the gold metal foil. I have overlayed the foil in patches for a rustic look. The box is coated with a matt varnish to make weather resistant.

4 comments: