Wednesday 29 February 2012

3D effect flowers

Isn't complete according to me. Any suggestions?? (I have a photograph attached of a draft for the same)
But had to share the 3D effect flowers. I have tried to use mono-theme (warm colours) except for the leaves. Have used 3mm strips of 24 inches to make each petal. Followed with tight rolls, and using the back of a pen (round end) shaped the petals giving a 3D effect. This is evident if you look closely at the buds.
These flower effects, if I am not wrong, were conceived by ManuK Please visit the blog for some exceptional work.

The leaves are particularly interesting, I have used the crimper on the dark green (3mm, 12-18 inches) first and then quilled loosely to form the inside. After which I have used light green to tight quill and shape the leaf. It is simple but look elegant.
Complete composition
Close-up of the 3d effect and the crimped leaf
My husband thought they were real flowers. I take it as a compliment :)

Over-exposed photo 
The above photo which is over-exposed by choice has a lot of character, shows the shadows and highlights very beautifully.
In the making
Comments welcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment