Friday 24 February 2012

Royal flowers

I am in love with this new technique!  It brings quilling to a higher level of intricacy and artistry.
It is originally demonstrated by Asma Ahmad Bahari: Royal Flower.  And while you are at her blog browse through her wonderful collection of greeting cards!

So coming back to my project, I thought to myself, why not give these flowers my personal touch. And believe me they look beautiful and different each time you make them yourself. Maybe because of a different colour or different shape or maybe just your personal touch and passion for art. They look unique and elegant!!
Here is my composition of a greeting card using these pretty Royal flowers.


If you search for Royal flowers on Google you will see many different design one could do with the inside of the flower. As very rightly said, 'A man lives by imagination' - Henry Ellis
Have fun :) & do comment!!

9 comments:

  1. nice blog shalu..keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey.. long time.. this is really cool.. got inspired by you and got some quilling pper :)... will let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper quilling has been my most recent creative venture. I started with some basic shapes that my mom showed me (she also loves quilling!) but, thanks to your blog I made some cards and gift tags using the royal flowers this weekend! Thanks a lot! and the links you posted were very helpful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashwini glad I was of help... Please follow the blog by clicking on join the site.. :)

      Delete