Friday 16 December 2011

Wreath for the season

Most people may think of wreaths around the holidays, but I have always loved them all year long. And wanted to make one this time round. Here is a simple, inexpensive way to make a wreath from PAPER!!! (adapted from Living with Lindsey's blog & http://youtu.be/HnfjBxNIfcY ). I loved the way it looked, almost like something out of a Pottery Barn catalog.
This one is made from Local (yellow pages). I started with a 12" cardboard, loads of rolled cones of yellow pages and glue (fevicol)!
This picture above is the half way point.... 
(There's more than one way to roll a cone and my favorite way was discovered through trial and error. Plus, I liked folding the cones the same way throughout the wreath)
Finally after filling the complete wreath with these cones, I spray painted it with gold and left it to dry. Meanwhile, I cut a cardboard in a shape of a donut and covered it tightly with a yarn to form the center piece of the wreath. Lastly, I decorated it with a pieces of a birdie!!!
All that’s left to do now is to find a spot to hang my new creation!
There you go! Perfectly fits with our black shelf in our lounge! I hope you can try this easy project.
Merry Christmas & Happy New year to all of you!!


PS: Maybe a good place for ideas.. http://www.shelterness.com/cheap-diy-spring-wreath-of-butcher-paper/

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Shub!!!! Much appreciated...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow shalu ! impressive !! goodluck on the blog. hope to see more soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shruti, Pallavi, Sheetal & Moni!!!

    Keep visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved this .... how did you spray paint ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it is really useful for me. Thank you so much for sharing. I will suggest your posts to my friends. Hope more people will appreciate your posts.

    dried wreaths

    ReplyDelete