Sunday 8 January 2012

Simple Quilled Flowers with A Paper Frame

I have created a simple arrangement of quilled flowers this time :).
Simple Quilled Flowers

I have used 3mm wide strips for the dark green leaves and 1mm for the light green ones. And 1cm strips for the fringed flowers. The fringe is very dense and an adaptation from the original which can be learnt here (Fringed flowers).
This work isn't an exception !!! But what I enjoyed and learnt the most was to make your own paper frame. To frame this picture, I used a thick card stock. Step-by-step instructions for a frame like this can be found in "How to make a simple paper frame". 
Size of the finished picture is about 27 x 18cm.
Inna's creations was the blog that has inspired me too much to get into quilling. One should for sure peep into her site to see her creations.
I like the finished project, hope you guys like it too!
Ciao

12 comments:

  1. Shalu, your talent is just amazing. It is greatly coupled by your willingness to try these new techniques. Keep it up!

    Looking forward to seeing all these in person soon!!! xx

    Megha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megha D....
    Comments like these keep me going. In terms of creativity, I could say, I have a lot to learn. :)
    See you super soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super impressive Shal .... do start video tutorials soon .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Trupti.
    Yes videos are on my agenda but there are many out there. You just have to find what suits you.
    Ta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful
    Nati from Brazil
    http://natiquill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete