Tuesday 3 January 2012

3-D Quilled Lady

Hello folks,
              Hope you had a lovely holiday season and Happy New Year to all of you. It's my Mum's birthday today and I thought I must do something special.
So here is starting the blog in the new year on an auspicious day.... This is for you Maa!

As you all may have realized I am into making 3D quilled miniatures these days. After a bunch of bell flowers and hyacinths, I decided to put my hands on something larger and more full of life.

Let me introduce to you a new character in my collection of three-dimensional quilled miniatures. This is 'Rosy lips' touring the world (that name was just made up, but I like it) :).
Rosy Lips!!!
Visiting Liberty!!



At the London Eye...

Oh! In Paris
For the dress, I used green & purple 3mm strips. To make the dress attractive, also required 1mm (self cut) strips of green and purple. And finally a punched flower with a bead to give it a zing :). 
The hair is made of black/brown narrow strips (1mm) cut along in different sizes and curled. 
I even made her a contemporary hat since she was touring the world, using red and off white 1mm strips.
For the face, I had a pink (3mm) strip, coiled tightly, measuring approx. 60cms. And finally, used fibre-tip pen to draw the facial features and cut out her rosy lips!!






Now for some serious quilling, I will be treating myself to this book Three-Dimensional Quilling: Making Characters from Amazon recommended by Inna Dorman (http://increations.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html).

See you soon with some more arty stuff!!!

PS: She is about 7cms in height. And something for you to NOTE if at all you are inspired in making one. After you have quilled the face, paste the lips and facial features appropriately. You can see her nostril (the quilled center) are not aligned, something I didn't think about.

8 comments:

  1. This is so cool. Really a very special gift to you mom... Heartiest wishes to her on her birthday...keep posting...its amazingly awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pallu :))
    You keep visiting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. shalu please send me some of this artistic work...
    pls

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent and equally interesting work. Specially I love the way u greet ur mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sheetal :) You can make it, very easy. I can help you with that, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Inna. I am glad you liked it!:)
    You are my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete